At first glance, you would be forgiven if you dismissed the KochStudiotone as just another tiny combo. In classic Koch traditionhowever, this compact power combo sounds much bigger, and has morefeatures than one would suspect.
Beginning with two EL84 power tubes in Class A, a newly designedspeaker and cabinet, three foot switchable channels and two powerfulvoicing switches, the Koch Studiotone sound brings to mind the Britishvalve amps of the 60s. The three channels (Clean, Overdrive &Overdrive+) take you from round, warm tones to saturated EL84 overdrive& compression. The 2-way ˜Mid Shift' allows you to boost the midfrequencies around 800 Hz, and the 3-way ˜Bright' switch allows you tocut or boost the high frequencies for fine tuning the top end. Some ofthe big surprises are left for the back panel though, and a quickinspection reveals a serial effects loop, a recording output withmicrophone placement and cabinet-style simulators, two line outputs (oneunfiltered and one low level), and a ˜Headphone Out' jack. Speakeroutputs at 4, 8, and 16 Ohm allow for any combination of speakers, andthe built-in Power Soak and Speaker on/off switch allow the amp to beplayed with the speaker turned off for recording or headphone use. Thereis also a short scale spring reverb tank, with front-mounted leveladjustment. We believe the Koch Studiotone is one of the most versatileand compact guitar amplifiers on the market today.Features
- 3 channels (Clean, Overdrive & Overdrive boost) foot switchable
- One set of passive bass-mid-treble tone controls
- Two front-panel voicing switches
- (mid-shift 2 way, bright 3 way) for all channels
- Custom designed VG12-60 Koch 12" speaker
- 4, 8, & 16 Ohm speaker outputs plus speaker on/off switch
- Serial effects loop (10 dBV signal level)
- Recording output with speaker simulation and 2 voicing filters
- Direct outputs (non-filtered, clean channel & headphone)
- Short scale three spring reverb tank
- 2 way footswitch included
- Dimensions 44,5 w x 23,5 d x 43,5 h.