Capture your favorite guitar sound inevery situation with the Koch Dummybox Studio/PA. The Koch DummyboxStudio/PA is an innovative ˜multi-tool' which should be found in everyguitar player's toolbox. With the Dummybox Studio/PA you can capture thesound coming from your guitar amp's speaker output, and feed it into arecording system or PA; even when playing at low volume or without aspeaker connected! Hence, the Koch Dummybox Studio/PA provides asolution for virtually every live and/or recording situation.
The Dummybox is placed between yourfavorite amp and speaker. Therefore, it can capture every coloration toyour guitar sound created by both the pre-amp and power amp section ofyour amplifier. If you connect your speaker to the monitor output, youcan play your amp at full power while maintaining a much lower volumelevel coming from your speaker cabinet. The three position switch allowsyou to selects whether 5% (H), 3% (M) or 1% (L) of output power is sentto your speaker cabinet.
The Koch Dummybox Studio/PA can handleup to 60 watts of amplifier power continously, while peaks up to 100watts will not cause any problems.
Recording your favorite guitar soundcan be done with or without a speaker connected. The Dummybox Studio/PAhas a fully balanced XLR DI output. You can choose to send a filtered oran unfiltered signal to the mixing console or PA. When the filteredsignal is chosen, voicing switches provide you with variousspeaker-simulation options, such as the choice of microphone placement(on or off-axis), and type of speaker cabinet-emulation (1Ã—12 or 4Ã—12).This allows you to vary the directness and low end of the sound.
?Authentic tone and reliability are themost important things for guitar players. Therefore we designed theDummybox Studio/PA using the highest quality components and protected itwith a rugged heavy duty steel housing.
Whether you are recording, performinglive, or rehearsing the Koch Dummybox Studio/PA lets you run your amp atits loudest, fattest, and juiciest volume level, while allowing you tocontrol the output volume & record killer guitar tracks directly.
- Input : dummyload with 60 Watts contiunous /100 watts peak power handling
- Thru output : speaker output with no volume loss
- Monitor output : low power speaker output with three selectable levels:
- 5% (H), 3% (M), 1% (L)
- XLR output : professional transformer balanced 600 Ohms output,
- with ground lift switch
- Switch for selecting filtered or unfiltered output signal
- Voicing switch for selecting the type of speaker cabinet : 1 x 12 or 4 x 12
- Voicing switch for selecting microphone placement : axis or off-axis
- Heavy duty steel housing
- Maximum load at line output : “ 20K Ohms
- Dimensions : 11 w x 18 h x 13 d (cm)