***2/15/18 Currently taking pre-orders. Expected availability is late March***
A collaboration between the design team at Hagstrom and "Papa Emeritus€¯ and the Ghouls of the band Ghost, Fantomen (Swedish for "The Fantom€¯) transports Hagstrom's legendary playability and technical excellence into a new, edgier realm. Hagstrom started with an elegantly asymmetrical solid-mahogany body to which they joined a mahogany neck using their classic mortise-and-tenon neck joint system. Of course, since it's a Hagstrom, the Fantomen uses our H-Expander® truss rod and Resinator® fingerboard, providing the ultimate in playing surface stability and optimal tonal enhancement. Together these components create an incredibly stable, resonant and responsive sonic foundation.
With a relatively thin 1¼€¯ (3.5cm) body, the Fantomen is beautifully balanced and surprisingly lightweight. A 25.5€¯ (648mm) scale provides a slightly sharper attack amd more sustain than classic 24.75€¯ scale guitars. A neck joint design that provides total, unrestricted access to all 22 frets will meet the needs of even the most virtuosic player.
Hagstrom's goal was to equip the Fantomen with electronics that would allow for a varied tonal pallet ranging from classic, vintage colors to screaming metallic brilliance. Hagstrom worked with Swedish pickup guru Johan Lundgren, designer of pickups used by artists such as Meshuggah's Martin HagstrĆ¶m (no relation!). Lundgren recommended two different humbucker designs: No. 2 in the neck position and No. 5 in the bridge position. The result covers an immense expressive range; from smooth, warm tones to the kind of attack and intense dynamic output that would satisfy the demands of even the most extreme musical styles. Each pickup can be split to single-coil mode by means of push/pull switches incorporated into the tone controls for even more sonic flexibility. This guitar speaks with many distinct voices.
You can find the Fantomen on stage with Ghost during their 2017 Popestar tour, but you don't have to be a Nameless Ghoul to play one, and you can be sure the Fantomen available at Pitbull Audio are identical in every way to the Fantomen used by the Ghouls! Fantomen Specs Body
- Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Multiply
- Style: Single Cutaway - Asymettrical Design
- Material: Mahogany
- Joint: Set Neck
- Trussrod: H-Expander„¢
- Material: Resinator„¢
- Position Marks: Hagstrom Pearl Block Inlay
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" / 648 mm
- Nut: Graph Tech„¢ Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Pickup Neck: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-2 No. 2 Humbucker
- Pickup Bridge: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-5 No. 5 Humbucker
- Pickup: Selector 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Controls: 2 x Volume Control with R/C Circuit, 2 x Tone Control with Push-Pull Coil Split
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom 18:1 Die Cast
- Stoptail Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic Roller Bridge
- Strings: D'Addario (10-46)
- Hagstrom Case C-47 $149 normally. But, if bought with the guitar, I discount it to $134. Please indicate you want a case when ordering.
- Hagstrom Bag E-19